What Are Probiotics? Print
Modified on: Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 8:18 AM
Probiotics actually means "for life". Probiotics are living microorganisms that, in sufficient numbers, provide numerous health benefits when ingested or applied locally. Some call them the "good" bacteria. You want to keep your microbiome at an 80/20 level, with 80 percent being probiotic or "good" bacteria and the other 20 percent being "bad" bacteria.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.